Sunday, November 14, 2010

Feeling Grateful For Those "Difficult" People

I agreed with the said about the positive effects of being grateful and learn to be thankful for the people who have enriched our lives but I had trouble finding something to appreciate about some "difficult” people I’ve dealt with in the past. Whether they were colleagues at work I had conflicts with, intimate partners whose relationships with me ended badly, strangers who made comments I saw as insulting, or someone else, sometimes I believed I’d be better off without having had some people in my life.

When I hold on to my anger at a person from the past, I engage my minds in a hopeless conflict with reality. I constantly relive my interactions with the person in the impossible hope that, by ruminating on what happened; I can “fix” it or change it for the better.
Difficult people help us reconcile with parts of ourselves we’ve avoided facing and they remind me how much I’ve grown over time.

Recalling a difficult interaction we had with someone can remind us how far our development has come today. Many people will never know how rude are they when they say something out while they are mad. And the words they say might hurt u a lot but at the same time, I believe that it gives you some lesson. You will definitely realize something new after being hurt and for sure, you will become stronger. I think about the conversation where he broke up with me, I actually feel peaceful and empowered. I see how personally I took the things he said, and how painfully afraid I was of living without her, and I know I wouldn’t react in those ways if the breakup happened today. I’m a stronger and more self-sufficient person now. I’m grateful to him for giving me more reasons to respect and admire myself.

Difficult people present challenges we must face, and when we deal with those challenges effectively we gain self-respect. They help us admire ourselves for overcoming obstacles. The memory of my last conversation with my previous ex-boyfriends serve as a progress report showing how much I’ve matured since then. I’m grateful to them because, if they’d never been in my life, I wouldn’t have such a clear guidepost today showing how far I’ve come.

Stop pleasing everyone who surroundings you because it's a mission impossible. Everyone lives their life with different perspectives and aims. So do not change yours just because wanna to cheer them up. Live for yourself.

At the end, I prove to myself and everyone, it’s just a chapter of story in my life and I can live without him. I feel happier. Finally, I found back my pride which I had lost it long time ago… and now, I can understand the words that my friends often tell me, “I DESERVE BETTER!”



To those difficult people in my life, "GET THE FUCK OUT OFF MY LIFE =)"

No comments:

Post a Comment